Abstract submission for poster presentation and oral communications is only possible via the online submission platform.
Please submit your abstract here.
Deadline for abstract submission: Monday,
February 15, February 25, 2021, 23:59 CET.
Notifications of abstract acceptance has been sent by e-mail on Wednesday, March 3.
Among all accepted abstracts, three abstracts awards will be given by ISFA and E-ISFA. The best abstract will be awarded $1,000, with $500 each for the second and third best abstracts. The winners will be announced during the Closing Session on Saturday, March 20, from 14:45 to 15:15.
Note for invited speakers: All speakers are asked to submit an abstract for their presentation via the platform. Please select the button „Abstract Submission Invited Speaker“ in the submission process.
Please note the general rules for abstract submission:
- Abstracts can be submitted for poster presentation or for oral communication. The final decision whether an abstract is accepted as a poster or as an oral presentation, or even rejected, lies with the reviewer and the LOC.
- Accepted abstracts will be shown during the congress as e-posters. E-posters will be available throughout the entire congress.
- Invited speakers are also asked to submit an abstract of their presentation.
Please adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- The prerequisite for handing in an abstract is that it represents original work, not previously published and not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English language but abstracts for the nursing program can also be submitted in German language.
- The abstract should be no longer than 2500 characters (incl. space characters).
- Any pictures, attachments or similar are not allowed/will not be displayed.
- The abstract should state the purpose, methods and results of the study.
- Please ensure complete listing and correct order of all (co-)authors, correct formatting and grammar. Accepted abstracts will be published as they have been submitted. Changes are not possible any more after the deadline.
- Please indicate at least one (max. five) keywords when submitting your abstract (free choice of keywords).
T01 – Recent progress in lipoprotein apheresis
T01-a Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia
T01-c Competition with drugs
T02 – Plasma exchange
T03 – Immunoadsorption – indications, results, future perspectives
T04 – Experience with extracorporeal therapy in children and during pregnancy
T05 – Apheresis registries
T06 – How to assure the quality of care in extracorporeal therapy
T07 – Psychosocial aspects in patients undergoing extracorporeal therapy
T08 – Apheresis in transplantation
T09 – New developments
T09-a Specific elimination of C-reactive Protein
After myocardial infarction, after other diseases
T09-b Other new devices
T10 – Extracorporeal Photopheresis
T11 – Cellular Therapies
T12 – Actual aspects of lipid-lowering therapy
T12-a New data on PCSK9 inhibitors
T12-b Antisense oligonucleotides against apolipoprotein CIII and apolipoprotein(a)
T12-c Bempedoic acid – current status
T12-d New preparations of omega-3 fatty acids
T12-f Latest study data
T13 – Covid-19
T14 – Others
T14 – Sessions for medical staff (mostly in German)
T14-a Role of the medical staff in an Apheresis center
T14-b Psychological aspects
T14-c Venous access problems
T14-d Problems when treating children
T14-e Different apheresis methods – advantages, disadvantages
T14-f Other developments